• Husbilsklubbens årsmöte och träff år 2024 kommer att hållas i Karlstad 9-12 Maj.
    Mer information och anmälan finns här: Klicka Här för Årsmötesträff 2024
  • Erbjudande på Husbilsklubben.se

Blir du ny medlem nu i Husbilsklubben.se betalar du ingen anmälningsavgift utan enbart årsavgift 100 kr.
    Du sparar 150 kr på detta och erbjudandet gäller tills vidare.
    Medlemskapet gäller för kalenderåret 2024.
    Mer information finns här: Hur Registrerar jag mig.
    Du slipper också en massa störande reklam eftersom vi är en HELT reklamfri sida.

Park or In traffic

ThomasMore

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Stockholm
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap
Hello
I have recently joined Husbilsklubben as I am in the process of buying a new motorhome in Sweden which we will use to tour around Sweden hopefully for a few years. We have just registered our old motorhome on Swedish licence plates but we will be trading that in soon for a bigger one.

I don't really understand the rules around when a vehicle is parked or in traffic with regards to Tax and Insurance but it seems that money can be saved by taking the motorhome out of traffic for periods?

The motorhome I am buying is new so I am expecting the road tax to be very high and also the insurance to be high as it is an expensive vehicle and I am new to Sweden.

Is it normal for owners to 'park' their vehicle if they stay on one campsite for example for one month? Is the vehicle still insured when parked if it is stolen or catches fire or suffers some other damage (e.g. falling tree)? Is it ok to move it on site to dump grey water as long as you don't go onto public roads? If you have to depart in a hurry can it quickly be put back into traffic?

Any tips or information on how this whole process works would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Olof G

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Knivsta
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap
Yes, you can "park" (avställa) your car and it means that you automaticaly get a parkinginsurance for theft/fire/damage,some insurancecompany let you live in your car when it is parked ,some dont accept it,check first!
You cant drive your car when "avställd" not even at a campsite.
Its easy to "avställa" your car or bring it back to "drive", use Transportstyrelsen app,its done in just in seconds.
Download "Mina fordon" app, and scan your cars registrationdocument.

Senast ändrad:

ThomasMore

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Stockholm
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap
Thank you both for your replies.

Does the 'Mina fordon' app also inform the insurance company? Do they just adjust the amount you owe them each month based on whether you are in or out of traffic? Can you 'park' for just a few days or does it have to be for a longer period to make it worthwhile?

Thanks!

Ulf & Marie

FD HBK Medlem
Kommun
Härryda
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap
The app ”Mina fordon” will inform your insurance company. The most insurances will be decreased from day 1. However, regarding the tax you must (in most cases) be parked 14 days in a row for a deduction.

skalman52

FD HBK Medlem
Kommun
Täby
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

Does the 'Mina fordon' app also inform the insurance company? Do they just adjust the amount you owe them each month based on whether you are in or out of traffic? Can you 'park' for just a few days or does it have to be for a longer period to make it worthwhile?

Thanks!
The App: No it does not. But some (most?) insurance companies get information from Trasportstyrelsen about putting your vehicle "on hold". But when you put it into use again you usually have to tell the insurabce company as well. You cannot sign on and off your vehicle for short durations of time (a couple of days). It has to be for a fair amount of time. The exact number of days involved depends, so it is best to ask Trasportstyrelsen or look at their web-site. The rules are all there but maybe i swedish. :)

MVH
Hans

Olof G

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Knivsta
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

Thanks!
Check with your insurancecompany but when you use ”Mina fordon” app ,both tax and insurance are automaticaly turned on or off, i have never called my insurancecompany.
If you have a brand new car the timelimit will be 4 days minimum,with older cars its 14 days minimum to get your tax/insur.
money back.
See post #5

Torsbobosse

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Göteborg
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap
[QUOTE = "Olof G, post: 1111138, medlem: 27362"]
Kontrollera med ditt försäkringsbolag men när du använder appen ”Mina fordon” är både skatt och försäkring automatiskt aktiverat eller inaktiverat, jag har aldrig ringt mitt försäkringsbolag.
Om du har en helt ny bil är tidsgränsen minst 4 dagar, med äldre bilar är det minst 14 dagar för att få din skatt / försäkring.
pengar tillbaka.
Se inlägg # 5
[/CITAT

Toppen