• Husbilsklubbens årsmöte och träff år 2024 kommer att hållas i Karlstad 9-12 Maj.
    Mer information och anmälan finns här: Klicka Här för Årsmötesträff 2024
  • Erbjudande på Husbilsklubben.se

Blir du ny medlem nu i Husbilsklubben.se betalar du ingen anmälningsavgift utan enbart årsavgift 100 kr.
    Du sparar 150 kr på detta och erbjudandet gäller tills vidare.
    Medlemskapet gäller för kalenderåret 2024.
    Mer information finns här: Hur Registrerar jag mig.
    Du slipper också en massa störande reklam eftersom vi är en HELT reklamfri sida.

fuel consumption after 8000km

F

F.d. 16636

OK we have driven 8600km in 22 days, and the on board computer shows an average use of 9.6L for 100km distance, with an average speed 83kmh. ( 110 on motorways in sixth gear, and 50 on small roads)

When we started out last month, the consumption was 10.6L for 100km but after the engine began to wear in, ( Fiat multijet 130 six speed) the usage became less, plus I think the European diesel is heaver in oil and gives a better burn.

The total weight is 3250kg with 60L fuel, overall this is not bad mileage for a motorhome.

Mangan1

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Jönköping
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap
Sv: fuel consumption after 8000km

Sounds great!
We have the same engine in our mobilehome (Bavaria I71) but the fuel consumption has not gone below 1.1 ones. But not over 1.3 either... Not even with a trailer/~1000-1200Kg behind.

Have a great summer!
BR//M&M

F

F.d. 16636

I did hold an even foot with driving, keeping an eye on the computer readout, I found it did better at 110 and 6th gear with the motorway driving. The first 5000km I did 90 in 5th gear with the same results, but saw I could increase the speed with flat level driving.... ( even better drafting behind some big truck...ha ha.

All in all the performance was vary good for the 130 engine, better than I expected for the weight. And I haven't noticed any problem using reverse gear. ( there seems to be some problems with this model)

Mangan1

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Jönköping
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap
Sv: Re: fuel consumption after 8000km

I agree. The performance is better then expected for this engine.:)
But the reverse gear is a sad story. To high ratio!:mad:
Sure, it dose it's job without a trailer behind, but with a trailer, it's almost impossible to revers if there's a slightly up-hill.
Well, well... 99,9% of the time i guess we drive forwards, not backwards...;)

Have a great summer,
BR//M&M

Toppen