• Husbilsklubbens årsmöte och träff år 2024 kommer att hållas i Karlstad 9-12 Maj.
    Mer information och anmälan finns här: Klicka Här för Årsmötesträff 2024
  • Erbjudande på Husbilsklubben.se

Blir du ny medlem nu i Husbilsklubben.se betalar du ingen anmälningsavgift utan enbart årsavgift 100 kr.
    Du sparar 150 kr på detta och erbjudandet gäller tills vidare.
    Medlemskapet gäller för kalenderåret 2024.
    Mer information finns här: Hur Registrerar jag mig.
    Du slipper också en massa störande reklam eftersom vi är en HELT reklamfri sida.

Internet via satellite ?

F

F.d. 839

Hi to all,

There seem to be a total breakthrough in the satellite internet world. I am negotiating with a firm regarding a connection which can be used in the camper AND at at home.

The requirements are at home :

1. One satdish 85cm
2. One two way modem
3. LAN system to connect several computers together

The requirements in the camper :

1. One satdish 85cm

An additional modem is not required since the one from the house can be used in the camper. At this stage I don't know whether the modem can be operated on 220VAC or 12 VDC.

I found a system for all the stuff you need to get you started in the house for SEK 4500, 1024 Kb download - 128 Kb upload, approx monthly fee € 50 all depends what speed you require. There is an unlimited down and upload and include a FREE IP telephony / VoIP savings on your phone bills.

This looks like the future to me.

F

F.d. 16636

Sounds interesting! So far I use Orange WIFI when I'm down south, but it would be nice to have it everywhere. I have the 85 dish (Oyster) and a modem.

F

F.d. 839

Sv: Re: Internet via satellite ?

Hi Rusty,

I am anxious, tell me more about your system, cost - performance ;)

F

F.d. 16636

All my holidays with the car, I use France's WIFI internet hot spots "Orange" I haven't tried my MH parabol system in Europe yet, I've only been told that ViaSat's signal is to weak after Paris. But it works fine up here.

Here's the link to one of the systems. WELCOME TO SES SIRIUS AB | SES SIRIUS

Its a twin LNB on the parabol, one for internet and the other for TV, and connects directly to your computer via cable, either in the house or my Oyster parabol on MH. At present it costs 399sk a month.

I'm using ViaSat for both TV and internet. But I have to admit it seems a lot slower than regular broadband cable hookups.

At the moment I'm looking into another company that uses Thor sat. and their signal goes much further south. I'll let you know what it costs when they Email me back.

F

F.d. 25023

Sv: Re: Internet via satellite ?

Hej,
Jag har kollat www.dsl-o-sat.de de har ett licens/system klart att sälja men bara för dem som bor i Tyskland, Schweitz och Österrike.Kolla på webben.

Fick följande svar från dem.

SafeRedirect.aspx

Hello Jyrki,
thank you very much for your email and for your interest in our product.
Where do you live ?
At the moment we only have a transmit licence for Germany, Austria and Switzerland. This means that the customer´s address must be in one of the three countries

and he must have a bank-account in Germany.

Best regards
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
DSL-o-SAT-team
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vet ej om någon svensk operatör säljer detta än.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]hälsn jyrkla 274
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Knut

FD HBK Medlem
Kommun
Australien
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap
Sv: Internet via satellite ?

Det var i november 2007 utgaven av Promobil en oversikt over to automatiske sat-internet for mobil bruk. Produkte IPcopter pro er et fransk/tysk samarbeid med dekning fra sydsverige og sydover. Filiago Internet via Satellit har et samarbeid med Ten-Haaft (Oyster) og har dekning i nesten hele Sverige, men mangler deler av Spania og Portugal. Hva en ombygging av en Oyster vil koste har jeg ennå ikke fått svar på, og det kan se ut til at Astra2Connect tildeles for salg i enkelte land, det er andre selskap som selger dette i UK.

Toppen