• Husbilsklubbens årsmöte och träff år 2024 kommer att hållas i Karlstad 9-12 Maj.
    Mer information och anmälan finns här: Klicka Här för Årsmötesträff 2024
  • Erbjudande på Husbilsklubben.se

Blir du ny medlem nu i Husbilsklubben.se betalar du ingen anmälningsavgift utan enbart årsavgift 100 kr.
    Du sparar 150 kr på detta och erbjudandet gäller tills vidare.
    Medlemskapet gäller för kalenderåret 2024.
    Mer information finns här: Hur Registrerar jag mig.
    Du slipper också en massa störande reklam eftersom vi är en HELT reklamfri sida.

From England - Touring Europe for 12 months

F

F.d. 191

Hello,

We have just arrived in Sweden after spending three weeks touring Denmark and Wild Camping every night, even in Copenhagen.

I was talking to one of your members who was parked in Hundested and thought I would register and say hello! I've since seen lots of your members with numbers in their windscreen, this must be a popular club!

Do you have any tips for Sweden, or maybe where I can park for free in Stockholm to visit the city? Do many people drive around the top of the Gulf of Bothina.

We have a blog following our travels - Europe By Camper :)

Kind regards,

Adam & Sophie

H

Husbilgolf

Sv: From England - Touring Europe for 12 months

Hello guys! And welcome to Scandinavia. Free camping is just one of the great things about motorhoming here.
Don´t know what your planned route is, but being a Norwegian I´d go north to the bay of Bothnia on the E-4. The inland route, on the other hand, can be boring at times with very few people and settlements. A popular route from there is past the mining town of Kiruna into Norwegian Narvik and thence onto the Lofoten Islands, a must for European motorhomes! You´ll meet more non-Norwegian motorhomes here than natives!
Personally I´m going along the aforementioned E-4 this summer and then through northern Finland to the county of Finnmark and along the Russian border to the Barents sea (Arctic sea), often regarded as the most exciting and wild part of Norway with an intriguing history and fantastic scenery.
Whichever route you take - enjoy!!!
PS
Diesel is always cheaper in towns than along the main roads, and usually cheaper Sunday nights or Monday mornings than the rest of the week!

F

F.d. 52943

Hello and Welcome to Sweden,
most parts of Sweden has beautiful sea or lake landscapes with lots of places where you can stay overnight. The top of Botnia is nice of course - but there is a lot of other parts of Sweden which are just as exciting and beutiful.
If you just arrived in Sweden I suppose you are still somewhere down south. The Birch Woods have exploded this week - the soft green light in a birch wood in the sun is a serene experiance this time of year. Why not follow the east coast north and visit the birch woods around Sölvesborg on your way.
If you do - please let us know - we can direct you to some nice places down here!

F

F.d. 191

Thanks for the replies. :)

We are trying to find somewhere to stay near Copenhagen and Oslo, it seems the capital cities are the hardest to find wild parking spots for. For Copenhagen we stayed next to the Carlsberg Visitor Centre for two days!

We are near Gothenburg at the moment then travelling across to Stockholm and then to Oslo. We will then travel north in to Norway, then Sweden and Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, [Slovakia], [Hungary], Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Albania, Montenegro and [Croatia]. Then home, maybe! :D

I would also like to join so I can download and share Wild Camping POI's, but you don't have any payment methods where it is possible for me to use an English Card / Bank Account / Address. I was hoping I could pay with PayPal :(

Senast redigerad av en moderator:
F

F.d. 53018

Hi! The most popular motorhome-parking in Oslo, the Sjølyst Marina, NKR 150,- open June 1.th after the boats are put to see. GPS. N 59 55 09.5 E 10 40 36.0 Other free/gratis posibilities are close to the Holmenkollen Ski Jump and near it the Tryvann TV-tower. You will se both in the hills from all over town. alfb

Knut

FD HBK Medlem
Kommun
Australien
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap

One small thing Addie - in Sweden and Norway "Wild Camping" is only used by people that does not like our way of life. Please use "Free Camping" as this is not used in a negative way.

F

F.d. 191

Re: Sv: From England - Touring Europe for 12 months

One small thing Addie - in Sweden and Norway "Wild Camping" is only used by people that does not like our way of life. Please use "Free Camping" as this is not used in a negative way.

I like 'Free Camping' better! :)

If anyone has any 'Free Camping' tips for Stockholm or maybe a little outside with good access to a metro station please let me know :)

Toskana650

HBK Medlem
Kommun
Järfälla
HBK-Nr
Medlemskap
Sv: Re: Sv: From England - Touring Europe for 12 months

I like 'Free Camping' better! :)

If anyone has any 'Free Camping' tips for Stockholm or maybe a little outside with good access to a metro station please let me know :)

There is a seven-day free parking place on Vadmalsvägen, just behind the OKQ8 gas station at Brommaplan round-about. Less than 200 m from Brommaplan metro station.
PO

Toppen